- Listed: December 25, 2014 9:19 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Choosing the right auto insurance company can be confusing, but it’s also extremely important. Not only is it important to find a good deal with a low rate, but also to find a company whose customers know they can rely on good service. Read on for some tips on how to choose the right insurance.
With auto insurance, the lower your deductible rate is, the more you have to pay out of pocket when you get into an accident. A great way to save money on your auto insurance is to opt to pay a higher deductible rate. This means the insurance company has to pay out less when you’re involved in an accident, and thus your monthly premiums will go down.
In some states you can actually file proof of financial responsibility and forgo actually having to buy an auto insurance policy. If your state happens to be one of those, I’d suggest looking into it since it can save you on insurance premiums every month. The only drawback is that if an accident does happen, and you are at fault, you would be responsible for damages.
Your teenage driver’s insurance will cost you much more than yours for a while, but if they took any formalized driving instruction, be sure to mention it when shopping for a quote or adding them to your policy. Discounts are frequently available for driving instruction, but you can get even bigger discounts if your teen took a defensive driving class or other specialized driving instruction course.
If you truly don’t use your car for much more than ferrying kids to the bus stop and/or to and from the store, ask your insurer about a discount for reduced mileage. Most insurance companies base their quotes on an average of 12,000 miles per year. If your mileage is half that, and you can maintain good records showing that this is the case, you should qualify for a lower rate.
Before choosing your next car, make sure you understand what it will do to your insurance policy. We all know that some cars will have a higher premium than others, but most people don’t really know which ones are which. Ask your insurance company for recommendations of cars that are lower risk and thus, have a lower insurance premium attached.
When you report your annual driving mileage to your insurance company, resist the temptation to nudge your figure down. Lower mileage translates to lower premiums, and mileage seems to be something insurers cannot verify. But they can verify it: Insurers will use service reports to check your mileage when you submit a claim. This is the worst possible time to be in dispute with your insurer; avoid the possibility by reporting mileage honestly.
If you already have or are thinking about getting another car, call your auto insurance provider. This is because many people do not know that you can put more than one car on one plan. By having all of your cars insured under the same plan, you could potentially save thousands of dollars.
Although it may be obvious, driving safely is key to maintaining low rates and premiums. Bad driving such as speeding can increase your rates and also lead to non-renewal of your policy. A car accident will usually increase your costs by up to 40%. Of course you should avoid bad driving regardless of your car insurance to avoid tickets and dangerous accidents.
As was stated at the beginning of the article, finding a policy with great coverage that is still affordable can seem like an insurmountable feat. However, when you take the advice given in the article you just read, you will find that it does not have to be such a painful process Here’s more information on car Insurance Compare stop by our own page. .
529 total views, 1 today
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Gretchen Ellwood
- Member Since: October 13, 2014
Other items listed by Gretchen Ellwood
- Excellent Suggestions For Purchasing The Correct Car Insurance Compare
- Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your Car Insurance Compare Plan
- Finding The Right Car Insurance Compare For Your Needs
- The Best Tips To Follow When Choosing Car Insurance Compare
- It Is Important To Report Any Accidents To Your Insurance Company
Popular Ads Overall
- Beware The My Yahoo Mail Scam (43421 views)
- Citicards Login My Account Doesn’t Have To Be Hard. Read These Ten Tips (35559 views)
- A Secret Weapon For My Mail At Aol (32314 views)
- Citibank Credit Card Online Payment Registration: What A Mistake! (29870 views)
- Six Tips on Aol Mail Sign In To My Account You Can Use Today (29083 views)
- A Secret Weapon For Log Into Itunes (14484 views)
- Pump Up Your Sales With These Remarkable Facebook Log Tactics (11989 views)
- Frio Ice Chest Critiques (10836 views)
- You Want Fb Login Fb Login Fb Login? (9321 views)
- Top 3 Ways To Buy A Used Sign Hotmail Inbox (8671 views)